Melody Jazeb LCSW BCD
Melody Jazeb is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who earned her Bachelor’s in Psychology from the University of California, San Diego, and Master’s in Social Work from the University of California, Los Angeles. She specializes in the treatment of a wide range of psychological disorders, including, but not limited to, Depression, Anxiety Disorders, OCD, Insomnia, ADHD, PTSD and other trauma conditions, Hoarding Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Substance Use Disorders, addictive behaviors, and Adjustment Disorders. In addition, she has years of experience working with individuals, couples, and families on grief/loss, role transitions (i.e. becoming a parent, changing and/or losing employment, etc.), and interpersonal conflict.
Her experience at the Greater Los Angeles VA in West Los Angeles also provided a background in behavioral health treating individuals with chronic medical problems, such as diabetes, hypertension, and obesity. As a primary behavioral health provider, Melody has experience in mindfulness-based treatment to treat individuals with chronic medical issues as well as Depression, Anxiety Disorders, ADHD, trauma, and people with psychotic conditions. Her clinical approach is grounded in evidenced-based practices, primarily CBT, IPT (Interpersonal Psychotherapy), MI (Motivational Interviewing), DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy), and CPT (Cognitive Processing Therapy).
Melody has provided consultation and clinical supervision to mental health staff at the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System where she was employed for 10 years.
Melody’s professional affiliations include:
• National Association of Social Workers | Member and Advanced Level Practitioner in treating Military Service members and their Families
• Academy of Cognitive Therapy (ACT) | Diplomate
• Glendale Association of Mental Health Professionals | Member
• American Board of Examiners in Clinical Social Work | Board Certified Diplomate
Melody’s advanced level training include:
• Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Homeless Populations through the Aaron Beck Institute and the VA Healthcare System
• Cognitive Processing Therapy for PTSD
• Mindfulness Facilitator’s Training through Insight LA
• Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction through Insight LA
• Motivational Interviewing for individuals with addictive behaviors and chronic medical illnesses through the VA Healthcare System