Dr. Hsia specializes in:
– Empowering people locked in the trap of intrusive, unwanted, anxious thoughts known as Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), to reclaim their lives.
– Equipping individuals suffering with Anxiety Disorders, such as Panic episodes, Social Anxiety, Phobias, and Health/Illness Anxiety with the knowledge and skills to thrive.
– Coaching people with Insomnia, whose quality of life is negatively affected by poor or inadequate sleep, to regain a sense of control over their days – both when awake, and when trying to sleep.
– Consultation to executives, directors, creatives, pastors, couples, parents, and anyone in leadership and management roles regarding optimal communication, conflict resolution, and problem solving.
In addition, Dr. Hsia applies CBT with an emphasis on the principles of Mindfulness in the treatment of individuals with Depression, ADHD, Gambling Addiction, and Trichotillomania. His experience includes consulting in educational settings, lectures in the community, and CBT-focused clinical supervision for mental health professionals.
The following podcasts and publications feature interviews with Dr. Hsia:
- Psychology Today – “Resolving Guilt in Therapy”
- Psych Central – “The Power of Therapy as Told in Stories”
- SELF Magazine – “9 Things You Should Know about Cognitive Behavioral Therapy”
- MEL magazine – “How to get over your irrational fears of Crowds”
- MEL magazine – “How to get over your irrational fears of Germs”
- MEL magazine – “How to get over your irrational fears of Heights”
- Asian America: The Ken Fong Podcast
- The Erasing Shame Podcast: Breaking Free from Anxiety and Shame
- National Psychotherapy Day’s Therapist-StoryTelling project Moments of Meaning
Articles on our blog, written by Dr. Hsia:
- “The Benefits of Online Therapy for OCD and Anxiety”
- “How can I be absolutely certain?: OCD and the endless search for reassurance”
- “What if my partner isn’t really ‘The one’? The Do’s and Don’ts of Relationship Anxiety”
- “You could be getting Mindfulness wrong: 5 common misconceptions”
- Five part series on Harm OCD:
- “I think I might be dangerous: All about Harm OCD”
- “Am I a Pedophile?: The Horror and Shame of Pedophilic OCD (POCD)”
- “Why can’t I stop thinking about hurting my newborn baby?: Understanding Postpartum/Perinatal OCD”
- “Back in Control: Effective Treatment for Harm OCD”
- “The Unique Dangers of Harm OCD”
- Psy.D., Doctorate of Clinical Psychology | Fuller Graduate School of Psychology | Pasadena, CA
- M.A. Christian Leadership | Fuller Graduate School of Theology | Pasadena, CA
- B.A. Psychology, Spanish | Tufts University | Medford, MA
Professional Affiliations and Appointments:
- International OCD Foundation (IOCDF) | Member
- Academy of Cognitive Therapy (ACT) | Diplomate
- California Psychological Association (CPA) | Member
- Fuller Graduate School of Psychology | Clinical Adjunct Professor
- San Gabriel Valley Psychological Association (SGVPA) | Member of the Board of Directors
- Graduate of the Behavior Therapy Training Institute (BTTI) for OCD through IOCDF
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I)
- Graduate of the Practice Training Institute in Body Focused Repetitive Behaviors through Trichotillomania Learning Center (formerly TLC, now BFRB.com)
- Certified provider for the California Gambling Education and Treatment Services (CalGETS) program
- Predoctoral Internship and Postdoctoral Fellowship in Trauma Recovery Services at the Loma Linda Veterans Affairs Medical Center