Sleep well. Feel well. Live Well.
Did you know?:
- Only two-thirds of adults living in developed nations sleep the recommended 8 hours per night on average.
- Averaging less than 7 hours of sleep per night doubles your risk of cancer, heart attack, and stroke.
- An estimated 20% of the U.S. population has a Sleep Disorder.
- Insomnia is the most common Sleep Disorder.
Insomnia is more prevalent and problematic than many people realize, and can be especially common for people prone to anxiety.
If You Or Someone You Know:
- Has difficulty initiating or maintaining sleep,
- Worries frequently about getting adequate sleep,
- Spends a lot of time in bed trying to fall asleep,
- Relies on medications, substances, or other sleep aids to fall asleep,
Then, You’re In Unfortunately Good Company.
But here’s some good news:
Insomnia is very treatable! Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I), a highly effective and research-validated treatment, is designed specifically for sleep problems, and does not involve any medications.
CBT SoCal offers CBT-I, which can significantly help you to sleep more easily and deeply, and help you wake up more refreshed than before treatment – sometimes in just a matter of weeks.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I) is a structured program to help you challenge, and replace, thoughts and behaviors that cause or contribute to insomnia. The cognitive part of the treatment focuses on identifying and challenging thoughts and beliefs that tend to keep you in an agitated or frustrated state when trying to sleep. The behavioral part focuses on eliminating behaviors that worsen sleep and replacing these problematic behaviors with habits that facilitate and promote sleep.
Below are some helpful articles written by our team about Sleep, Insomnia, and CBT-I:
For more information on how CBT and CBT-I in particular may be helpful for you, please Contact Us.