Executive Director and Founder of the CBT Center of Southern California
Dr. Boone is a Clinical Psychologist (PSY10046) specializing in the treatment of individuals with mood, anxiety, and obsessive compulsive spectrum disorders. From 1993 through 2010, he was a member of the clinical faculty of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, and attained the rank of Associate Clinical Professor.
For ten years, Dr. Boone was a Cognitive Behavior Therapy Supervisor in the UCLA Anxiety Disorders Clinic and lectured on a wide range of topics. Additionally, he has supervised Psychiatry Residents in CBT at Harbor-UCLA, and lectures frequently in the community on the application of CBT to various emotional disorders. Dr. Boone is a Diplomate and Fellow, as well as a Certified CBT Trainer/Consultant, of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy.
He is a member of the Association for Cognitive and Behavioral Therapies, the International Obsessive Compulsive Foundation, The Anxiety and Depression Association of America, The Trichotillomania Learning Center Foundation for Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors, The Glendale Area Mental Health Professionals Association, the San Gabriel Valley Psychological Association, the Los Angeles County Psychological Association, and the California Psychological Association.
Dr. Boone is founder and Director of the Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Southern California which is based in the Greater Los Angeles area. Dr. Boone has been licensed as a psychologist since 1986, and he has been working with individuals with depressive and anxiety-related problems for over 30 years.
Articles on our blog, written by Dr. Boone:
- “Taking the mystery out of exposure therapy”
- “CBT-I: An effective treatment for both insomnia and depression”
- Six part series on OCD Treatment tips
- “Tip #1: Why checking doesn’t bring us certainty”
- “Tip #2: The power of underlying beliefs in OCD”
- “Tip #3: When should I ask for help with my OCD?”
- “Tip #4: Motivation – Why does it lag and what can I do about it?”
- “Tip #5: Though secret and invisible to others, mental reviewing is still checking!”
- “Tip #6: Am I, too, a perpetrator of sexual harassment?”