Obiageli Uguru, Ph.D
Dr. Obiageli Uguru has experience working with issues of diversity and inclusion related to gender, ethnicity, religion, and spirituality. Her interests lie in the development of mental health and wellness across the lifespan with special sensitivity to client-centered, culturally informed care. She pulls on her knowledge of brain science and insight-oriented behavioral intervention in the context of relational systems (i.e., culture, community, family, etc.) to engage in a holistic, integrated approach to treatment.
- Harvard Medical School Fellow; Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) /MassachusettsMental Health Center (MMHC): Clinical Neuropsychology Intern & Treatment of serious mental illness
- UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior: Clinical Neuropsychology Pre-Internship Extern
- Harbor UCLA Hospital: Clinical Neuropsychology Extern
- Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center: Practicum II Psychology Clinician
- Huntington Medical Research Institute: Clinical Neuropsychology Extern
- Southern California Healthy Aging and Rehabilitation Program (SHARP) at Huntington Hospital: Clinical Neuropsychology Extern
- Pasadena Mental Health Center: Practicum I Psychology Treatment Clinician
- Fuller Theological Seminary: Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, M.A. in Intercultural Studies
- University of Lincoln, UK: M.Sc. in Child Studies
- Denison University: BSc., Biology. School of Life Sciences/Neuroscience concentration/Psychology Minor
Dr. Uguru partners with children, adolescents, adults, elders, couples, and families on their path to intrapersonal and interpersonal growth. She uses an array of CBT approaches to address:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Body-focused repetitive behaviors
- Social and interpersonal difficulties
- Emotion dysregulation
- Sleep difficulties
- Trauma-related responses
- ADHD/Executive Functioning challenges
Additionally, Dr. Uguru provides consultation for 504 plans, IEPs, and other supportive services.
Dr. Uguru is a Registered Psychological Assistant (PSB #94027626 ) supervised by Dr. Martin Hsia. She practices virtually and in our Glendale office. To seek services with Dr. Uguru, please email her at [email protected] or call (818)547-2623, extension 11.