Julissa Cortes, Psy.D.
Dr. Julissa Cortes graduated from Pepperdine University’s Psy.D in Clinical Psychology program, focusing her training on child and adolescent psychology. She completed her advanced training at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, USC Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities, focused on assessment and treatment for children and teens with neurodevelopmental disabilities. Dr. Cortes also completed post-doctoral training at The Help Group and the Cognitive Behavior Therapy Center of Southern California, with an emphasis on helping youth with learning disabilities and concurrent mental health concerns.
Dr. Cortes works with children, adolescents, and their families, as well as adults in both English and in Spanish. She works primarily treating the following disorders/issues:
· Neurodevelopmental Disorders (Autism, ADHD, etc.)
· Body-Focus Repetitive Behaviors
· Sleep difficulties/Insomnia
· Specific Phobias
· Consultation for 504 plans, IEPs, and other supportive services
Dr. Cortes uses the following evidence-based practices:
· Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
· Inference-Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (I-CBT)
· Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I)
· Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP)
· Habit Reversal Training (HRT)
· Comprehensive Behavioral Intervention for Tics (CBIT)
· Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
Dr. Cortes’ other clinical interests include staying informed on cultural and diversity factors impacting psychological training and practice, and Latino mental health concerns. She is a Registered Psychological Assistant (PSB #94024431), supervised by Dr. Martin Hsia, Psy.D. and practices in our Glendale office.
To seek services with Dr. Cortes, please email her at [email protected] or call (818) 547-2623 ext. 3.